I'm unaware of what other opportunities exist to gain exposure are readily available on a monthly basis but seeking these unique events can possibly change everything. In the arena of hip hop competition just goes hand and hand. In 2020 visibility is a big part of the game. You can attempt to be mysterious if you want but the music must be superior to even consider. The opposite of this is taking advantage of platforms which have notoriety or a niche audience which can make a impact.
Ring the alarm to the monthly contest held at Patchwerk Recording Studios every last Thursday. The same studio in which records ranging from Elevators by Outkast to Dangerously In Love by Beyonce, to Ether by Nas to Sherane by Kendrick Lamar to Pick Up The Phone by Young Thug, Travis Scott, & Quavo and No Hands ft Waka Flocka, Roscoe Dash, and Wale were created. Sheesh in over 25 years over 300+ gold and platinum records have been werked on. Just to be able to create in spaces like this which anyone can book time in is priceless if seeking inspiration. The hourly pricing ranges from $30 to $175 an hour. For them to offer this competition monthly is truly a blessing to anyone who really loves music and understands vibes.
- Professional promo video of performance
- Winning verse mixed by Grammy nominated engineer
- Social media promo
- Email blast to Patchwerk's extensive network
- Video played on Patchwerk in-house tv screens
- Invite to contest to view all emcees perform over your production
- Sit-down interview to be displayed on Patchwerk & IdOMUSIC Youtube channel
- Social media promo
- Email blast to Patchwerk extensive network
- Beats displayed on weekly online review show The Bassline
- Consideration to join Patchwerk's Beats program to potentially showcase beats to their existing clients
12 slots are set up for emcees and 15 slots designated for producers. Anyone can enter from anywhere but the emcees must physically make it down to Patchwerk Recording Studios to compete. Producers don't have to come down but obviously the experience is not something you want to pass up if possible.
I got a basketball background and my coach always said "Don't miss the free throws!" If you really do music and need that extra push without breaking the bank but want more for your buck don't sleep on this. Companies like Complex covered the competition early and seen what it was. Ask the competitors from our first year and they can tell you better than myself. We do music everyday and this contest doesn't make or break our business but can possibly change your life. The choice is yours! http://bit.ly/pwrtight32_march27